PRAGUE'S TOP TEN RESTAURANTS
Good quality Czech food is a bit hard to find amongst all the tourist traps, but here are a few good choices in the historic center:
You can also find great international food in Prague, especially when it comes to the Asian variety. But there's a lot more, from French to Sardinian. Some notable choices are:
- No Stress Cafe - This restaurant in Old Town offers French-Asian fusion in a pleasant dining atmosphere
- Sansho - This is one of the newest and one of the best additions to Prague's dining scene. You'll be served whatever they've prepared that day in their 6-course tasting menu.
Ichnusa - Fresh fish and great pasta and wine can be found in this homey Sardinian eatery.
- La Finestra - This trendy (and pricey) Italian restaurant is all about meat. But there are other meals on offer, too. The Botega next door also offers small meals in a less formal atmosphere.
- Red Pif - The main draw of this place is its fabulous selection of French and Czech wines by the glass. But the French cuisine is really good, too.
- Café de Paris - This place basically has one main dish (with a couple of extra ones thrown in for non-meat eaters): steak with a delicious "secret sauce" and heavenly fries served with a green salad with the perfect light vinaigrette.
- Noi - Offering good Thai food in Mala Strana, Noi is also a trendy meeting place in the evenings.