In my last post, I reported that the whole Czech Republic went into full quarantine on Monday. That meant:
- Only grocery stores, pharmacies, some post offices and bank branches, hospitals and doctors' offices were open.
- People were required to work from home if possible.
- You could leave your house only to go to/from work (if you’re not working from home); to buy groceries, medicines and other necessities; and to walk your dog.
yet more restrictions
- As of Wednesday, you had to wear a mask inside shops and on public transport, and
- Then the next day, we were required to wear a mask at all times when you leave your house.
- And the following day, the hours of 7 a.m. to 12:00 noon were designated for senior shopping only.
but some restrictions were waived
Basically, the measures that have been put in place here are the ones that are now being put in place in the US, and what we’ve been through – including adjusting to a new normal (for now only, we hope) in our daily routines – is what you are and will be experiencing in the coming days and weeks. You will adjust and get through it. All of us here are thinking of you!
we're all in this together!
Let's hope it doesn't come to that for us or for you. We're all in this together!